Tuesday, February 5, 2008

My mom told me my stories about life are funny...

So the title really says it all.  My mom has always told me that my stories about life are funny, and that I should write a book.  Well, generally publishing companies aren't knocking down the doors of unknown, conservative, sheltered, Midwestern girls, so I thought I would start a public blog.  My sister and her roommate have been doing it for awhile now, and I always find it amusing, so why not! (Check out their site, it is ParMieux Adventures )  
So a bit about me (although I know the only people who will read this are my family and friends and you all know me already).  Basically, I am a 30 year old that is going on 17!  I still do not know what I want to be when I grow-up, and I even sleep with my blanket from when I was a baby.  I'm 4 years into my second career, and am contemplating going onto my third.  I'm not married, nor do I have any children... that I know of.  I love TV, movies, music, going to the beach, surfing and my family and friends.  I use sarcasm and laughter on a daily basis.  My greatest joy is making people smile. Most people that know me think that I am very outgoing, confident and put together.  That is usually just a front to the very shy, questioning, and slightly random girl that I am.  My "laid back" nature only really gets turned into Type A when I am confronted with idiot drivers.  I love to travel and experience new cultures.  I am totally in debt (wow, glad this isn't a dating site!), and with my current career, will not be out of it anytime soon.  So what do I do?  I'm a paramedic.  A what?  Oh, in English... "an ambulance driver"!  So that in itself should explain why my mom thinks my stories about life are funny.  Yes, I see some very awful things, but, I also see a side to life and human nature that not many people get to experience.   I can literally see someone die before my eyes, then an hour later, deliver a baby!  So before you stop reading thinking all of my stories will be "gory war stories", that is not what they will be about.  What I observe and usually talk about are the personalities and situations I see, and how my "slightly demented" point of view translates them.  
So that in a nutshell is who I am and what this blog will be about.  I hope you will enjoy my little posts and please feel free to comment on them if you so wish. 

2 comments:

Lauren said...

Welcome to the blog-world!

Tyla said...

Hey Bern, it's Tyla.
Can't wait to read about your funny stories.

Talk to you later.
Tyla